AR MAGLOCK allows California AR-15 owners to comply with existing fixed magazine laws, thus avoiding Department of Justice registration.
AR MAGLOCK engages the magazine so it stays “fixed” in the firearm until the action is disassembled, complying with California SB 880 & AB 1135, and Department of Justice regulations.
It is our reasonable belief the AR MAGLOCK complies with New York NY SAFE , Connecticut, Maryland, New Jersey and other states (and other local municipalities such as Cook County Illinois) detachable magazine laws based on our in depth analysis of these laws and regulations.
In an effort to address some consumers concerns related to our website statement “potentiality complaint”… “Potentially compliant” does NOT refer to California as it IS compliant within this state, but it does refer to other states and municipalities with detachable magazine restrictions. Locations such as Cook County IL have ordinances that make our product potentially compliant also, but we leave it to the end consumer to make that judgement based on their knowledge of their local laws and regulations. We can’t be expected to know all of the regulations in every place that the AR MAGLOCK can be used.
1. AR MAGLOCK allows for easy removal of the kit during a firing malfunction (double feed), thus eliminating the risk of harm when clearing of the firing chamber.
a. Removability for firing malfunctions. Most other systems including permanently installed kits, plunger systems built into the lower receiver and stripper clips don’t allow for the kit to be removed or have an easy process for clearing malfunctions, as the bolt carrier group is locked back in the buffer tube, thus “locking” the system up.
b. Many of the large OEM’s such as Daniel Defense, Springfield Armory and others have voiced this concern, so AR MAGLOCK solved it by integrating a one screw install / removal system that allows the shooter to disassemble and reassemble in less than 5 minutes with the supplied hex wrench, no other system has this feature.
2. AR MAGLOCK allows the shooter to re-insert a magazine while the upper and lowers receivers (the action) are closed or open, allowing for SIGNIFICANTLY faster magazine changes. Some competitors’ products ONLY allow the shooter to re-insert a magazine while the action is in the open state, slowing you down CONSIDERABLY.
3. AR MAGLOCK has a specifically designed arm that allows for clearance of the ejection port / dust cover, which means the shooter doesn’t have to close the cover before closing the action to continue firing. Other systems won’t allow the upper receiver to close until the ejection port / dust cover is manually closed, causing even slower operation.
4. AR MAGLOCK does not scratch your upper receiver with an adjustment screw or a levered wedge as some products do, it sits flush with the upper receiver thus applying no inward pressure on the anodized coating when opening and closing the receivers.
5. AR MAGLOCK is mil-spec A8625, Type III class 2 hard coat anodized, which is the military specification for aluminum coatings in the field of battle, and perfectly matches your mil-spec upper and lower receiver combinations. Many other competitors cut corners on this process, resulting in a semi-gloss product which doesn’t match the consumers upper / lower receiver combination on their valuable rifles.
6. AR MAGLOCK comes with a tacticool rear takedown pin with a knurled head for excellent grip in all weather conditions, and split ring for easy disassembly of the action (separation of the upper and lower receiver).
7. AR MAGLOCK has finger knurling for excellent grip in any and all weather conditions, unlike other products.
Our design and engineering are second to none, combining full featured functionality, durability and aesthetics to bring you a solution that is comparable in a class of itself. We have designed the AR MAGLOCK to cater to the most demanding firearms enthusiasts. We are SUPREMELY confident shooters will find AR MAGLOCK SUPERIOR in every way to any other product on the market. We encourage you to try other products but know you will opt for the AR MAGLOCK as the PREMIUM solution for fixed magazine systems.
NOTICTE: We have identified copy-cat and knock-off products in the marketplace. The AR MAGLOCK is covered by U.S. Patent No. 8,756,845. AR MAGLOCK is THE ONLY licensed device under this patent. Selling or installing ANY other device which utilizes an arm contacting upper receiver, and which prevents the magazine from being removed unless the upper receiver is removed from the lower receiver, infringes this patent, is in violation of U.S. patent laws, and will be pursued and prosecuted as such.
In no more than 10 minutes, even a novice AR-15 owner can install our part. Simply remove the OEM magazine catch or Bullet Button and install the AR MAGLOCK with the easy to follow instructions included in the packaging.
Additionally, you will find on our website and on Youtube many videos demonstrating the install and testing procedure.
Finally, at Ammoland.com you will find a still photo installation pictorial with every detailed step documented and photographed.
To release the magazine, simply pull the rear tacticool takedown pin and open firearm action, push the AR MAGLOCK button to release magazine, slap the action back together and insert a new magazine, fire away. Rendering it once again a fixed magazine firearm.